Buy to Let Property
Talk to an expert
Rather arrange a call to discuss your
requirements? Simply fill out our short request a
callback form and a member of our dedicated
team will be in touch when it works best for you.
Investing in the housing market has become increasingly popular in recent years, particularly among young people looking to secure extra income or those edging towards retirement who need capital growth to boost their pension pot. It can be an extremely lucrative enterprise, particularly when interest rates are low, but only if you pick your investments carefully and appoint an experienced conveyancer to ensure that the legal aspects of your proposed purchase are handled correctly.
At Step Legal Solicitors, we specialise in the acquisition of buy to let properties and in supporting clients to make sensible and informed investment decisions.
Our service is fast and efficient, delivered for a pre-agreed cost and designed to deal not just with the mechanics of transferring a property into your name but also any associated issues that arise as a result of your decision to buy an investment property.
To find out more, why not call us for a free, no obligation chat on 0800 195 6412.
How we can help
Our residential conveyancing team can assist you by:
- ensuring that you liaise with your surveyor to establish whether the property you propose to acquire is structurally sound or, if not, to make sure you are aware of any actual or potential issues;
- reviewing the title deeds for the property to ensure that the buyer owns everything they are purporting to sell and that there are no restrictions in place
which may thwart your plans to rent the property out;
- carrying out searches to flush out issues of which you ought to be aware, such as the service of a local authority enforcement notice for past breaches of
planning and environmental law by a previous owner;
- reviewing your mortgage offer to ensure that it terms are acceptable, particularly where you intend to use a property to provide student accommodation or to create a house in multiple occupation (HMO), where lending requirements tend to be tighter;
- ensuring you can secure specialist buy to let insurance to cover the cost of repair or replacement in the event the property is damaged or destroyed;
- ensuring that you consult with your accountant or financial advisor to confirm that the funds needed to complete the purchase are in place and that you
have been fully appraised of any tax liabilities that may arise;
- calculating the amount of stamp duty land tax that will need to be paid and submitting the SDLT form to HM Revenue and Customs;
- completing the purchase of the property and registering you as the new owner at the Land Registry; and
- providing you with on-going support, for example through the provision of a high level overview of the legal requirements associated with being a private sector landlord and your obligations in respect of any tenancies you create.
We can also help you to sell a buy to let property if and when you decide the time is right to cash in your investment, or undertake the document preparation for a transfer of equity where you decide that you wish to hand over a property to a family member or close personal friend.
Why choose Step Legal Solicitors?
The expert property solicitors in our conveyancing team are highly experienced in what they do and can be counted on to serve you well, whether you are a first time investor looking to make a one off purchase for a specific purpose or a seasoned buyer looking to add to an already large property portfolio. We can even help where English is not your first language through our free Polish translation service.
We have experience in buying every conceivable type of property, including new builds and those purchased ‘off-plan’, older properties and those once owned by local authorities or housing associations, properties being sold at auction and even those which have been repossessed by a mortgage company or transferred to an insolvency practitioner as a result of the previous owner’s bankruptcy.
We can assist whether the property is freehold or leasehold, whether you are reliant on one or multiple mortgages or even a remortgage, and whether you are buying as a private individual or through a specially created corporate vehicle.
All work is quality assured and overseen by the head of our residential conveyancing department, Anees Khan, who is himself a qualified solicitor with over ten years’ experience in the residential property market and notably in buy to let transactions.
Want to find out more?
For more information, please call 0800 195 6412 or send an email to email@example.com. You can also use our online conveyancing costs calculator for an instant quote on the legal fees you can expect to pay.
We can assist whether you are based in Crewe, further afield in Cheshire or even in the surrounding counties of Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Shropshire, Merseyside or Greater Manchester.