Residential Property Remortgage
Talk to an expert
Rather arrange a call to discuss your
requirements? Simply fill out our short request a
callback form and a member of our dedicated
team will be in touch when it works best for you.
Our remortgage conveyancing solicitors will:
- review your mortgage offer to make sure the terms are acceptable and do not impose any obligations that you are likely to find it difficult to comply with or which we consider unduly onerous or unusual;
- send you the paperwork you will need to complete in order to accept the offer, including the mortgage deed you will need to sign if you are happy to proceed;
- obtain a redemption statement from your existing lender so that you know how much you will have to pay to settle your current mortgage debt, including any early repayment charges that may apply;
- obtain and review the deeds to your property so that we can confirm to the lender that it represents good security for the amount of monies being loaned and also to flag up any potential issues we may discover – having of course first discussed these with you;
- carry out any searches your new mortgage provider requires, and make appropriate enquiries, for example to obtain planning documentation relating to a proposed nearby development which may impact on your lender’s decision to give approval to your loan;
- agree a date for completion of the remortgage, assuming you and the lender are still happy to proceed;
- receive the remortgage monies and use them to settle your existing mortgage and any other debts you have authorised us to pay, before sending you the balance; and
- cancel registration of your previous mortgage at the Land Registry and replace it with the submission of an application for registration of your new mortgage.
Why choose Step Legal Solicitors?
Our residential remortgage lawyers are all qualified professionals who have a wealth of experience in handling the remortgage of a vast array of properties, from family homes and holiday rentals to buy-to-let properties and large, privately owned residential investment portfolios.
We offer a fast and efficient service, for a fixed cost which covers all of your legal fees and the cost of disbursements (associated legal expenses) and which you can get an idea of before you instruct us by using our online conveyancing costs calculator.
You can also rest assured about the quality our work as every matter we take on will be under the direct supervision of the head of our residential property team, Anees Khan, who himself is a qualified solicitor with over ten years’ experience in the residential property sector.
We provide a free of charge Polish translation service for members of our local community who may be put off using an English lawyer due to worries about difficulties in communication, and have also created disabled-friendly, step-free offices for those of our clients who may have mobility issues, complemented by free visitor parking which can be made available upon request.
Want to find out more?
To discuss our residential property remortgage service, or any other residential conveyancing matter on which you may require help, you can call us for free on 0800 195 6412 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also pop into see us and have a chat at our offices in Crewe.
We can assist wherever you are based and in particular in areas local to Crewe, including Nantwich, Northwich, Sandbach, Macclesfield and Stoke-on-Trent.