No Win, No Fee

    You will not be charged if your claim is unsuccessful.

    Date of Birth

    I agree to the storage and handling of my data by Step Legal Solicitors in accordance with their privacy policy *

    Buying and Selling Residential Property

    If you have decided to sell your home or are looking to buy a property
    to live in or to use as an investment vehicle, then you will need the
    support of an experienced residential conveyancing lawyer who can
    attend to the legal formalities required to transfer ownership of the
    property into or out of your name, to comply with the requirements of
    your mortgage lender and to ensure that your personal and financial
    interests remain protected.

    Expert Lawyers. With You, Every Step

    At Step Legal Solicitors, a dedicated lawyer will support you
    offering a Professional and Personal Service, whilst remaining
    with fees.

     width=Talk to an expert

    Rather arrange a call to discuss your
    requirements? Simply fill out our short request a
    callback form and a member of our dedicated
    team will be in touch when it works best for you.

    Take your first steps today

    For more information, please contact our team on 0800 195 6412,

    email us at enquiries@steplegal.co.uk or pop in to see us for a chat.

    What clients are saying…

    Step Legal Solicitors are Rated Excellent!

    What more can i say?…

    What more can i say?…. this company and to be specific Anees offer a service which should be envied by all other legal conveyancers. If you want a job done,

    Mr Robinson

    Professional and compassionate

    I went to Steplegal after an industrial accident and was seen by Anna Rushton, who immediately put me at ease with her professionalism and compassion. Nothing was too much trouble

    Mrs B

    fantastic service

    The service I received from Mr Hussain and the colleagues was

    Mrs F
    Longton Stoke on Trent

    pleasant experience

    The overall mark out of ten for my experience has got to be 11. Thank you to Mr Abid Hussain for making an unpleasant experience

    Mr A

    excellent communication

    I was delighted with the way you handled my case. I tell everyone you are excellent in every way possible i.e. communication, prompt replies to everything, phone manner and what

    Miss A


    I was glad that Mr Abid Hussain was there to take my call. Abid dealt with the claim expeditiously and I am grateful that he and his ladies were always

    Mr G
    Lodsworth Peter Sussex

    Recommend to family and friends

    Dear Mr Abid Hussain, I would like to thank you for the cheque I received this morning. I am more than pleased with the result for the compensation claim for

    Mrs B

    excellent service

    I received excellent service. Mr Hussain explained everything in detail and I never had to worry about a thing beyond signing a few papers. Thank

    Miss K

    pleased with the service

    I have been very pleased with the service you have gave me and thank you very much for all your hard

    Mrs W

    Thorough and to the point

    I felt reassured with what you were doing for me. It was thorough and to the

    Mr W
    Sandbach Crewe

    Helpful and good team work

    Just like to say thank you and it’s been so helpful. Very good team

    Mr E

    well informed advice

    I received well informed advice and was updated throughout the process. I was dealt with very courteously by Mr Hussain and his

    Mr F

    Fantastic service

    Fantastic service from start to

    Mrs D

    Good service

    I have received a very good service from Mr Hussain and was very pleased with the outcome. I was always able to see someone to help if

    Mrs H
    Milton Stoke on Trent


    Fantastic friendly and very helpful professional advice, at any stage of process. Highly recommend anyone who needs

    Mrs M

    Very Friendly

    I found staff to be very welcoming and friendly. Service I received was very informative and

    Mrs G

    Thank you for help

    Dear Solicitor, Thank you very much for all your help. When I am older I am going to use the money to open up my own sweet shop. It is

    Miss P

    best interests

    It was excellent from start to finish. I felt I was always informed and that my best interests were at

    Ms L
    Great Sankey Warrington

     Excellent staff

    Excellent staff, polite and

    Mr F
    Winsford Cheshire


    Great communication, quick response to any queries. A pleasure to do business with you. Highly

    Mr W

    Thank you

    Thank you for helping me with my claim. As for improving your services, the way you handled my claim was first class. No need for changes. Thank you and good

    Mr L
    Wednesbury West Midlands

    A complete pleasure

    Anna has been brilliant throughout the whole process and I would recommend her to anyone. She is very polite and thoroughly hard working. A complete pleasure to have known. Service

    Mrs H

    Great communication

    From the first meeting with Anna, I felt I was in good hands. Very professional throughout, great communication at each stage and received clear information. Thank you Anna for your

    Mrs P

    Happy with everything

    Fantastic! Everything was dealt with efficiently, professionally and with warmth which eased any stress which was felt at the time of the incident. We were so impressed with all aspects

    Mrs M

    Recommended services

    My case was managed by Anna Rushton. Since winning my case I have recommended Anna’s services to a friend. I found her guidance and assistance second to

    Mrs D

    Sound advice

    Miss Anna Rushton has handled my affairs throughout this case. I would like to be known that she has provided a thoroughly professional service at all times. Courtesy, sound advice,

    Mrs B

    Reliable and good service

    Spread the word to other lawyers of how to be reliable and give a good service. It is rare these days for people to be consistently reliable, informative and always

    Mrs M

    Efficient and professional

    I would like to thank Anna Rushton for her efficiency and professional services as well as for her friendly

    Mrs P

    Residential conveyancing services

    For buyers, our residential conveyancing team will support you by:


    • reviewing the seller’s title deeds (i.e. the deeds to their property) to ensure that they own everything they are purporting to sell;
    • ascertaining whether there is anyone aged 17 or over living at the property, other than the seller, who will need to agree to leave when the sale
    • carrying out searches against the property and surrounding area to check for potential problems that you and your mortgage lender need to be aware
      of, such as past incidents of flooding or subsidence or the confirmed growth of Japanese Knotweed;
    • considering other matters that may affect your decision to proceed, including any annual charges that may apply where you are buying a new build or
      shared ownership property;
    •  reviewing pre-contract documentation supplied by the seller’s solicitor, including property information forms which will detail what is included in the
      sale price and reveal things like the existence of disputes with neighbours;
    •  liaising with your mortgage company to ensure that they are happy to proceed and can make the funds available to complete your purchase when the
      time comes;
    •  liaising with the solicitors of anyone else involved in the transaction, for example where you are one of a number of people in a chain, in order to keep
      your purchase on track;
    •  preparing the paperwork needed to transfer the property from the seller’s name into yours and completing the Stamp Duty Land Tax form where an
      SDLT payment is due; and
    •  registering your ownership of the property with the Land Registry once the transaction has gone through and your purchase is finalised.


    Enlisting the help of a solicitor when you are buying a property is particularly important given the application of the ‘buyer beware’ rule (also known as caveat emptor), which means that there is no obligation on the seller to tell you if there are any problems with the property – rather the onus is on you to ask whether such problems exist and to make whatever searches and enquiries are needed to help you decide whether it is sensible for you to proceed.


    For sellers, our experienced solicitors will assist by:


    • reviewing your title deeds to ensure that everything is in order and that, where a problem is identified, this is addressed where possible or else
      covered off by the purchase of specialist indemnity insurance to allay any concerns that your buyer or their mortgage lender may have;
    • helping you to compile any other relevant documents that your buyer’s solicitor may want to see, such as guarantees and warranties for building
    • producing a contract pack for the buyer’s representative to go through;
    •  dealing with any queries that the buyer’s solicitor may have, for example over your legal ownership rights or the extent of your obligations in respect
      of the repair and maintenance of shared boundaries;
    • advising you on your options where the buyer seeks a price reduction as a result of something that has been disclosed;
    • reviewing the paperwork that the buyer’s solicitor will have prepared to effect the transfer of the property from your name into that of their client;
    • obtaining a redemption figure from your mortgage company, assuming there is a mortgage that will need to be repaid when the property is sold;
    • completing the purchase on the day agreed and paying off your mortgage debt where appropriate, together with your legal costs and estate agent
      fees; and
    •  supporting you in obtaining advice from an accountant or financial advisor where the property you have sold is a second home or investment property
      and may therefore leave you liable to pay capital gains tax.


    Why choose Step Legal Solicitors?

    Our property lawyers are specialists in residential conveyancing and fully committed to ensuring that your sale or purchase proceeds without a hitch and within as short a time period as possible.


    We have well developed processes and procedures in place to ensure that we can drive transactions forward and which enable us to spot and address potential problems and legal issues early, thereby reducing the likelihood of your sale or purchase being delayed or derailed. Our systems also ensure that you are kept informed about what is happening at every stage of your transaction through regular and detailed progress reports.


    All work undertaken on your behalf will be directly supervised by the head of our residential conveyancing team, Anees Khan, who has over ten years’ experience in dealing with residential property transactions and who prides himself on providing a prompt, professional and reliable service.


    And while our law firm is based in Crewe, we can service the needs of buyers and sellers who live elsewhere in Cheshire and further afield in Staffordshire, Shropshire, Derbyshire and Greater Manchester.


    Want to find out more?

    To discuss our residential property service, please call us for free on 0800 195 6412, email us at enquiries@steplegal.co.uk or pop in to see us for a face-to-face chat. We can help whether the property you are looking to buy or sell is freehold or leasehold, whether it is being put through an auction or dealt with privately or via an estate agent, and whether there is a mortgage, remortgage or shared ownership arrangement involved.

    Seraphinite AcceleratorOptimized by Seraphinite Accelerator
    Turns on site high speed to be attractive for people and search engines.