If you or a loved one have been injured at someone’s house or while visiting a shop, supermarket, bank or other public place then you may be entitled to claim compensation where the accident could have been avoided if you had been warned about potential hazards or better safety precautions had been in place to protect you from the risk of harm.

A claim may also be possible where injury occurs in rented accommodation because of a failure on the part of the landlord to carry out appropriate building maintenance or repair works.

Even if the injury suffered is only mild it is worth considering making a claim if you have experienced any pain or discomfort and incurred any financial losses, for example as a result of having to take time off work to recover.

In the case of serious injury or death resulting from an accident at a property, a claim should always be considered in order to provide a financial safety net for what may now be a very uncertain future for your husband, wife, partner or children.


Property Accident Compensation Claims

Our personal injury lawyers can help you to make a property accident compensation claim for:

  • your pain and suffering;
  • any adverse effect your injuries may have had on your quality of life;
  • out of pocket expenses directly attributable to the accident or injuries you have sustained;
  • loss of earnings or pension entitlement;
  • the cost of mobility aids or home adaptations; and
  • immediate and longer term care needs.

If you want to claim compensation for a fatal accident in which a relative has died, we can help you to secure a financial settlement to reflect the pain and suffering caused by your bereavement, the cost of any medical treatment your loved one received before they passed away, the cost of arranging their funeral and any loss of income or financial support they used to routinely provide.

In the case of serious injury or death, we can also put you in touch with a range of national and regional support groups able to provide you with the practical and emotional support you will need as you try to come to terms with what has happened.  These groups include the Spinal Injuries Association, Headway, the Brain Injury Hub, Grief Journey UK and Care for the Family.


Personal Injury Compensation

Our personal injury lawyers can help you to make a claim for compensation following any property accident occurring in a private home or on business premises and for which you or your loved one were not to blame.  This includes injuries resulting in:

  • broken bones, sprained muscles, torn ligaments, severe bruising or nasty cuts, for example following a trip, slip or fall;
  • burns, sight loss, damage to limbs or harm caused to internal organs, for example following exposure to a corrosive substance;
  • the onset or worsening of asthma or some other respiratory disease, for example following a failure to treat damp and mould;
  • asphyxiation leading to brain damage, for example following a fire or fall into an uncovered garden pond; or
  • death, for example following a fall from height or exposure to undetected carbon monoxide.

We can also help you to access any medical treatment or rehabilitation services you require to aid your recovery and put you in contact with government organisations and voluntary groups who can provide additional financial and emotional support.


Compensation Amount

The amount of compensation you receive will depend on the severity of your injury and the impact this has had on your life.  A minor injury causing minimal pain and discomfort and no adverse financial consequences may secure you a payout of a few thousand pounds whereas a life-changing injury or one that ultimately leads to your death may result in a financial settlement running into hundreds of thousands if not millions of pounds.


Time limits

You will usually have three years from the date of your injury to make a compensation claim, although a longer period will apply where you were under the age of 18 at the time of the accident or where you are a relative making a claim on behalf of a child or a loved one who has since died.  An extension may also be possible where you have been unable to make a claim within the usual three year period because you were prevented from doing so by a mental or physical health condition.

Legal advice should always be taken to ensure you submit your claim in time.


Why choose Step Legal Solicitors?

Our lawyers are property injury specialists who act exclusively for personal injury victims and who have an excellent track record in achieving great results, including for people who have been told by other solicitors that their claim is not worth pursuing.

Recent successes achieved by our legal team include securing £40,000 for a lady who suffered a head injury when she slipped on a wet floor in a well -known supermarket which had failed to ensure her safety by displaying adequate warning signs.

Our services are rated highly by clients and many people who come to us for help do so on the basis of the personal recommendation of their family, friends, neighbours or work colleagues.  You can read some of the reviews we have received by visiting our client testimonials page.

You can also take comfort from the fact that our solicitors are members of The Law Society Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme and the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers.


Legal Fees

It will cost you nothing to find out if a claim may be possible as your first meeting with us will be free.  After that we can usually deal with your case on a no win, no fee basis which means that there will be no charge for our services if your claim is unsuccessful and any costs you might otherwise have to pay to the person or organisation we have sued can be covered by insurance.  Our costs information factsheet explains more about this type of financial risk free funding arrangement.



We are based in Crewe, about a 10 minute walk from the mainline train station and with visitor parking to the rear of our offices.

We have disabled access and a ground floor meeting room and can arrange home visits where travel for you is difficult.

We represent clients throughout Cheshire and Staffordshire, including those who live in Nantwich, Northwich, Sandbach, Macclesfield, Crewe and Stoke-on-Trent.


Polish Clients

We have a lot of Polish clients and employ a Polish paralegal to assist with interpretation and document translation.


Any questions?

Our lawyers in Crewe are happy to answer any questions you may have before deciding whether you want to proceed. You may also find it helpful to read our frequently asked question guide which explains more about the legal process of making a personal injury claim.




Contact us

To arrange an appointment please call us now on 0800 1956412 or email enquiries@steplegal.co.uk.